BUILDING RATINGS & ENERGY EFFICIENCY DESIGN REVIEWS
EMET Consultants provides building energy rating services for all types of building designs including residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Our staff are accredited in all major current programs and systems to enable performance verification or Deemed to Satisfy (DTS) assessments against the provisions of the Building Code of Australia (BCA), as well as many Local Government requirements.
Following is a list of energy rating services that EMET staff are accredited to undertake:
- ABGR assessments for Green Star Accreditation and for Commitment agreements in new commercial building developments;
- ABGR assessments and certification for existing buildings;
- Residential building energy ratings against BCA Deemed to Satisfy and Performance Verification processes using software such as Accurate, FirstRate NatHERs and others;
- Commercial building energy ratings against BCA Deemed to Satisfy and Performance Verification processes using software such as BEAVER-ESP-II;
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to conduct expert reports for situations where the above systems and software are not applicable.
Refer also to the EMET-IBER System for benchmarking Best Practice Performance for all types of buildings.
EMETs Managing Director, Mr Stephen Pupilli, is an acknowledged leading expert in energy efficient building design who has pioneered most of the related Australian codes and standards. In 1991 Mr Pupilli was appointed as the first Senior Member of the Institution of Engineers Australia, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the engineering profession. Currently he is serving on several Australian Standards Committees related to building energy efficiency, namely:
Mr Pupilli has also advised on building energy efficiency throughout the Asia-Pacific region at high government levels and has set up pilot building energy management and training programs. He also served on the ASEAN-Australian Energy Co-operation Project for several years as the Australian representative for buildings.
Copyright © 2007 EMET Consultants Pty Ltd
Last modified: 24 December 2007